Wednesday 19 June 2013

Time to begin...

The summer has been underway for several weeks and though it has been fun to relax and play games new and old i feel it's time to take the next step in my education...Self learning.

Though this is my first year of university studying games design i feel my ambition diminished in my need/want to learn in my own time. Though many people in my course are seemingly underway on blogs/demo reels and so on i feel it's time to put my ideas and creativity to better use.

The beginning is simple, i learn the pro-grammes necessary. Though games design is not as linear as just making computer games i could venture into card games/board games and so on but I'd feel learning in this context is better for me at the present time.

To start with i will begin to learn the programs Unity and UDK (unreal design kit) by following tutorials, reading books and then go from there trying to incorporate my own ideas into a game demo of sorts.






The summer is young and my enthusiasm is at its highest. My plan by the end of the next university year is to gather more knowledge and perhaps complete the following list:
  • Internships in the game industry
  • A few, playable digital games (remember those free game development tools)
  • A digital game or level produced by a team with clear evidence of your contribution
  • A few, playable non-digital games of high quality
  • An intelligent, insightful and obviously updated blog



                                                    Curiosity is the engine of achievement

No comments:

Post a Comment